- Replace the worn out throttle position sensor on dodge vehicles with 5.9L cummins engines, find on 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 | 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, Dodge Ram 3500 | If your Dodge Ram has problems with idling, speed falls off suddenly, check engine light pops up or getting codes P2121, P0121, P0122, P0123 then you may have a problem with your throttle position sensor.
- OEM standard, fit and performance, save over 70% compared to purchasing the original part, direct replace factory part AP63427, TPS347, 53031575 and 56028184AB for a proper fit every time.
- High resistance against temperatures, vibration, and chemicals to keep your vehicle on the road, this dodge cummins 5.9L throttle position sensor has undergone a rigorous inspection to ensure high quality, durable and reliable under extreme conditions.
- This throttle position sensor gives information to the ECM (Engine Control Module) about the position of the pedal determining the speed at which the driver is pushing on the crank accelerator pedal. It is located at the front driver side of the engine inside the bell crank assembly housing. Also named Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor, APPS Sensor, TPS Sensor.
- We offer Life Time Warranty and Full Money Back Guarantee. If you are not satisfied with this product or if you have any question, please feel free to contact us. We would like to issue full refund if finally we could not resolve your problem or you are not satisfied with the result.
OE number: 53031576 53031576AD 3970085 AP63427 53031575 53031575AH 3970084 AP63428 56028184AB
Fits: 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel Pickups
1 x Throttle Position Sensor
ORION MOTOR TECH Throttle Body Position Sensor
When you want to get OEM quality without the high dealer cost, Orion Motor Tech is the right choice for you. Today you can fix your vehicle properly and have money left in your pocket with a Orion Motor Tech product. It will look, function, and fit just like the part from the dealer, so your vehicle will operate as it should or even better. The Orion Motor Tech product is designed using state-of-the-art technologies to exactly replicate the OEM unit, then it is manufactured with modern tooling so that the end product looks and fits exactly as designed. The unit is made to the same dimensions as the OEM part with the same gauge material. Orion Motor Tech is confident in the quality of their products, which is why the company covers them with a limited lifetime replace or return commitment against any defects in materials and workmanship. Easily restore the appearance and function of your vehicle with Orion Motor Tech products.
The throttle position sensor gives information to the ECM (Engine Control Module) about the position of the pedal determining the speed at which the driver is pushing on the accelerator pedal. It is located at the front driver side of the engine inside the bell crank assembly housing in between the cylinder head and batter.
If your Dodge Ram is having problems in idling, speed falls off suddenly, check engine light pops up you are getting codes P2121, P0121, P0122, P0123 then you may have a problem with your throttle position sensor.
This replacement TPS manufactured by Orion Motor Tech can be easily installed. In order to properly install the replacement sensor be sure the voltage of the TPS is set to 0.55v+ before locking in its position. Once set, turn the engine on and slowly push the accelerator pedal to the floor and back (only once) to make sure that the ECM learns the TPS calibration. More installation details are available upon request.
Fits the Following Vehicles
1998-2003 Dodge Cummins 5.9L ISB with VP44
2003-2004 Dodge Cummins 5.9L ISB with Common Rail
1998-2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 359Cu. In. l6 DIESEL OHV Turbocharged
1998-2002 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 360Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
1998-2002 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 5899CC 360Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
1998-2002 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 5899CC 360Cu. In. V8 GAS SOHC Naturally Aspirated
1998-2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L 359Cu. In. l6 DIESEL OHV Turbocharged
1998-2002 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L 360Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
1999 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L 5899CC 360Cu. In. V8 GAS OHV Naturally Aspirated
Replaces Part Numbers:
- 3970085, 3970084
- 56028184AB, 5015186AA
- TPS346, TPS347
- AP63427, AP63428
- 53031575, 53031576
- 53031575AE, 53031575AF
- 53031575AH, , 53031576AB
- 53031576AC, 53031576AD
- 260042, 5S5351, 5S5352
- Note: this is not a genuine Dodge part, the term Dodge, Ram, Cummins and vehicle models is used only for vehicle identification purposes.
Solves common problem involving engine idle and acceleration
Resolved common fault codes including P2121, P0121, P0122, P0123
Connector Configuration: Female Connector
Terminal Configuration: 6 Male Pin
Package Contents: Component Only
- Scan tool with data display capabilities or digital voltmeter
- Philips screwdriver
- 10mm socket
- T-20 Torx socket
1. Disconnect negative battery cables at both batteries.
2. Remove cable cover by first removing the (2) Philips screws and prying out retention clips.
Then push rearward on front locking tab and upward on lower locking tab. (Figure 1)
3. Remove (6) mounting bolts and partially remove throttle position sensor (TPS)/accelerator
pedal position sensor (APPS) assembly from engine. Rest TPS/APPS assembly in a secure
location without placing strain on the electrical connector or cables. Cables do not need to
be removed from bracket assembly.
4. Disconnect electrical connector from bottom of sensor by pushing on connector tab.
5. Remove (2) Torx screws. Remove sensor.
1. Install electrical connector on new sensor.
2. Install sensor into TPS/APPS assembly using (2) Torx screws and washers. Reuse washers from previous sensor. Do not tighten screws all the way. A good rule of thumb is to start with the sensor in the same location as the previous sensor.
3. Connect negative battery cables at both batteries
4. TPS/APPS Calibration: Turn key to ON position. Do not start engine. Monitor the TPS/APPS voltage using a scan tool or a voltmeter on Pin 3, labeled on the connector. (Figure 3) Rotate sensor clockwise or counter-clockwise so the TPS/APPS voltage is between 0.50V - 0.60V or 10% - 12%. Tighten (2) Torx screws when sensor is positioned correctly. After screws are tightened, verify TPS/APPS voltage is still in range. Readjust as needed. Turn key to OFF position.
5. Position assembly to engine and install (6) bolts. Tighten bolts to 12 Nm (105 in. lbs.) torque.
6. Install cable cover.
First one didn’t work, received a second one that worked fine.