Orion Motor Tech’s heavy-duty truck tailgate assists safely control the descent and ease the raising of your pickup tailgate, freeing your hands, saving your ears, and extending the service life of your tailgate and truck bed’s other parts.
This tailgate shock kit works for trucks using a GMT-800 frame: Chevrolet C and K pickups from 1999 and 2000; Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra 1500, 1500HD, 2500, 2500HD, and 3500 models from 1999 to 2006; and Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra Classic models from 2007. The GMC & Chevy tailgate assist installs easily within minutes, requiring only a 13mm wrench or socket wrench and a little elbow grease.
* Easy on Your Hands: Even hands-free, this tailgate shock safely and smoothly controls the drop rate of your pickup’s tailgate, making it safer and easier to use. This heavy-duty OMT part also acts as a tailgate lift and makes your tailgate easier to close for the whole family.
* Easy on Your Truck: This heavy-duty accessory doesn’t just make life easier for you and yours. It also eliminates the strain and shock caused by free falling tailgates, extending the service life of the entire back end of your vehicle.
* Fast & Easy to Install: With clear color instructions, this tailgate assist will be out of our box and working on your truck within minutes. Requires a 13 mm wrench, but no drilling or tail-light removal required.
* Specifically designed for use with all Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra models from 1999 to 2006 and with classic models from 2007.
* Rest Easy: This will be the only tailgate shock your truck will ever need. Tested and durable, corrosion-resistant, and rattle-free, OMT backs it with a lifetime warranty and after-sales service.